Range Orientation Hours
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
11:00am and 2:30pm
Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
11:00am - 2:00pm
Rules for Range Check-In
· Be prepared and expect to show ammunition for inspection at range check-in to insure that it was purchased at Hot Rods & Handguns. Tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, steel case, steel core, bimetal, Wolf, Bear and Tula ammunition, in ANY caliber, are strictly prohibited at the range, at any time.
· All firearms brought into the facility MUST be in a range bag or case of some kind.
· Guests may NOT carry or draw concealed firearms on the ranges. If you would like to practice with your CCW firearm, please unload it and put it into a case BEFORE entering the facility.
General Rules and Regulations
1. All firearms must be holstered or cased while going to or from the range. NEVER handle un-cased or un-holstered firearms behind the firing line.
2. Always keep firearms pointed down range and in a safe direction. NEVER turn around in the booth while holding a firearm. Never point (muzzle) the firearm toward yourself, another person, the ceiling, range or shooting booth walls. Never for ANY REASON leave your booth with an un-cased or un-holstered firearm!
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
4. Never cross the RED firing line for any reason. Do not attempt to retrieve anything that falls in front of the firing line. If you lose a piece of equipment, ask the RSO for assistance.
5. If you observe any unsafe behavior or condition by anyone, report it to a Range Safety Officer immediately.
6. Always keep the action open and firearm unloaded until ready to fire. Consider every firearm as “loaded” and treat it as such.
7. Eye and ear protection MUST be put on before entering the range and ALWAYS REMAIN ON inside the range.
8. Upon the command “CEASE FIRE”, stop all shooting immediately, put down your firearm on the bench pointed down range, and back away from the firing line. Do NOT re-approach the firing line or pick up your firearm until the “All Clear” signal is given.
9. For any firearm or ammunition problem, such as a squib or hang fire, keep the gun pointed down range, do NOT set the gun down, remain in your booth, signal a Range Safety Officer for assistance by raising your non-shooting hand.
10. Handgun calibers only. All ammunition used must be purchased at Hot Rods & Handguns.
Hot Rods & Handguns does not permit STEEL CORE, STEEL SHOT, TRACER or ARMOR PIERCING ammunition. Hot Rods & Handguns does not permit MUZZLE-LOADERS or Black Powder.
11. If you bring multiple firearms, only ONE will be permitted out on the bench at a time. Any firearms not being used must remain in a case or range bag. This will reduce the chance of loading the wrong ammunition.
12. Know and understand the operating mechanism and safety features of your firearm.
13. Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
14. No outside food, drink, gum or tobacco is permitted inside the range. Wash your hands each time you leave the range and before smoking, eating or drinking.
15. Shooters may collect their brass behind the firing line once they have unloaded and cased their firearm and are ready to leave the range. Inform the RSO at the BEGINNING of your session that you would like to keep your brass.
16. The use of rapid-fire accessories is strictly prohibited on ALL firearms.
17. Shots will be no faster than one shot per second—rapid fire and double taps are prohibited.
18. Do not use any iPods, phones, or cameras while out on the range for safety reasons. Do not create any type of distraction that can cause a safety issue.
19. Consumption of alcoholic beverages are only permitted after you have completed your range time. Members are required to secure all personal firearms outside the building or in designated lockers in the same way it was brought to the club. Consumption of alcohol can only take place in designated areas within the club and requires scan of Membership Card and fingerprint scan which then denies member access to any range for the remainder of that day (24-hour period).
20. No low cut tops or open toe shoes on the range. Please abide by club dress code. See membership terms and conditions for complete list.
Act responsibly at all times.
Foul language, horseplay or any other unsafe activity will not be tolerated. If we observe an unsafe act we will help you understand what you did and work with you to learn the correct safety procedures. If you repeat or commit another unsafe act, you may be asked to leave the range and meet with the Chief RSO. If you appear to be impaired (such as under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including prescription medication), you will be evaluated by the RSO; you may be asked to leave the range. The safety of everyone is a primary goal of Hot Rods & Handguns. We want you to enjoy shooting and will work with anyone who wants the same.
Safety is every person’s responsibility.
Before your inaugural shot, you are required to view a brief safety video or listen to a safety briefing from our Range Safety Officers. This video informs you of the uniqueness of our range, the equipment and our range safety rules.
Range safety officers and concierge staff are vigilant to help keep the range safe. If you need or request advice or help with your shooting, concierge staff is here to help. And if you become aware of a safety issue, please contact a safety officer immediately. The expectation of Hot Rods & Handguns is that all members and guests handle firearms safely and responsibly.